Study Abroad Loans: What are the Documents Required for Education Loans?

Study Abroad Loans What are the Documents Required for Education Loan
Home » News Updates » Study Abroad Loans: What are the Documents Required for Education Loans?

Public and private education loans are sanctioned on valid documents. Therefore, it is essential that study abroad students must know about the documents required for education loans. These documents include proof of identification; academic transcripts, and proof of income. In addition, lenders also ask for collateral documents for secured loans. Additionally, applicants also need to produce generic administration documents for loan approval.

Both nationalised banks and private banks need these documents for loan sanctioning. Besides, non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) and international lenders also ask for identification and financial documents. It is therefore important that students compile all documents before filling out the loan application. 

Furthermore, public and private banks, NBFCs, and international lenders also require the financial documents of co-applicants for verification and quick approval. 

Documents Required for education loan

List of Documents Required for Education Loan

Students applying for government loans by the Indian government are required to furnish the below-mentioned documents:

Proof of Identification

Initially, as proof of identification, the applicant and co-applicant need to produce the following documents:

  • KYC documents: Driving License, PAN Card, Aadhaar Card
  • Proof of Address: Passport, Voter ID, Electricity/LPG/Telephone bill (recent), current house documents

Academic Documents

In addition, study abroad students have to submit the following education-related documents required for education loans:

  • Classes 10th and 12th marksheets
  • Marksheet of bachelor’s degree, if going for master’s courses abroad
  • Diploma, if any
  • Scholarship certificate, if any
  • Proof of admission to a university abroad
  • Fee structure of the enrolled foreign university

Proof of Income

Furthermore, these documents are required to support the loan repaying capacity of the beneficiary and the co-signer.

  • For Co-signers who are self-employed/pensioners/business owners: Income Tax Return (ITR) of the last 24 months for business owners; Proof of Retirement (for pensioners); Proof of turnover for business owners
  • For salaried co-signers: Form 16 for last 2 years; Current and former employment letter; Salary slips of last 2 months

Collateral Documents

Besides, students applying for secured loans have to submit the following documents:

  • For Loan against Recurring Deposit (RD)/Fixed Deposit (FD): Receipts and Interest Statement of RD/FD
  • For Loan against any immovable property such as a house/land: Property tax statement; Property deed/NOC from builder or society; Allotment letter by any government authority
  • For Loan against Shares/Securities/Debentures: Photocopy of PAN and De-Mat account statement

Stay in tune with Fly Finance News Desk to get regular updates on study abroad loans and international money transfers.

About Fly Finance News Desk

Leave a Comment

Top Currency Exchange Apps for International Students Tips for Maximising Forex Gains Know all About Currency Hedging for International Students How Does Exchange Rate Volatility Affect Student Loans Know All About DBS Stduent Account RBI Guidelines for Education Loan Recovery 5 Best Forex Cards to use in Ireland Saraswat Bank Forex Card for International Students Canada Visa Fees: A Breakdown for Indian Applicants Best Places for Currency Exchange in Liverpool

Send Money Abroad in <15 mins


Request a callback


Get an education loan at the lowest interest rate


Thank you! Your call request has been submitted

Our team will connect with your shortly

aero Confused which education loan is the best for you?