Documents Required to File Tax in Canada for International Students

SIN (Social Insurance Number)

It is a 9-digit number that you need to work and be paid in Canada.

ITN (Individual Tax Number)

If you don't have a SIN, ITN is required to file tax in Canada.


T2202 document is needed to prove that the tuition fee has been paid for the tax year.


The T4 document states the employment earnings and deductions for the tax year.


This applies to the students who receive taxable tuition waivers on getting scholarships, bursaries

To know more about Tax for International Students in Canada SWIPE UP